THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Tuesday, December 16, 2008

I sit here in front of the screen wondering where to start. I have been away for a few months and although I don't think anyone follows my blog, I feel that I must offer an explaination. I have been lost in the shuffle of life. I have been searching for something, yet I'm not quite sure what it is - makes my search kind of nerve-wracking if you ask me.

After my hubby's stint in the hospital, my bliss kind of faded away. I did not focus on finding and enjoying the simple things, I just zoned out. At this precise time we starting having some financial/minor legal/communication issues which led to disharmony in our marriage. To make a long story short, I tried to stay positive by telling myself that things were all going to work out in the end and ended up stress-eating myself into migraines.

On December 1st, I decided to find my bliss once again. I found a wonderful blog called Green Smoothie Queen that boasted of a "24 day green smoothie countdown to Christmas". During my bliss days of the past, I was drinking green smoothies and loving them, but with all that happened I got lazy and eventually stopped being good to myself. Along with drinking 1 green smoothie a day, I have also started working out and returned to counting my WW points - accurately. To this day, I have consumed 16 green smoothies, sweated through 11/12 workouts (I rest on the weekends), and have seen a increase in energy, happiness, and commitment, not to mention a loss of 5 lbs! This challenge has jumpstarted me toward my New Year's Resolutions. My new motto is "Why wait?".

Along with returning to bliss, I am also seeking spirtuality that suits me. I absolutely adore yoga and ever since my teacher made a few simple yet profound statements during class, I no longer look at church the same way. Her words resonated with me for days after the class, unlike any sermon that I have ever sat through. I have issues with organized religion due to the "rules" and what you can and cannot do to along the lines of prayer, worship, and living an authentic life. At this time, I have been doing a bit of research on Wicca, and while some things have hit home for me immediately, some things have not. I am in the process of reading a book called White Magic by Lucy Cavendish and it is all about "connecting with your own inner magical self" to "create a life full of joy, beauty, laughter, and healing" - all of which I need. She outlines topics in her book like altar creation, moon energy/cycles, Gods and Goddesses, the wheel of the year, divination, and of course, white magic. While being a great author, she is an even better Oracle Tarot creator. I bought her cards on my 28th birthday (May '08) and my readings have seemed to come alive. Her deck is absolutely beautiful and makes more sense to me than any other deck I own. They are my most prized possession; so much so, I keep them in my purse so that I have them near at all times.

So I return to my blog, to spill my guts, read the guts of others, join creativity ventures, seek enlightenment, and find my bliss once more. I came for the bliss and I ain't leaving until I find myself being present, completely consumed with bliss and overjoyed with "just being". I am here to share my journey...

Until next time...

0 comments: